Wednesday 19 May 2010

Peace and Quiet

I stayed home today, only had 2 lessons for college anyway, and well, i'm so unbelievably paranoid about peeing blood in college that i'm too scared to go.
Tomorrow is a full day of college though.
And it's important I go in,
Bleugh : (

Being home alone gave me a chance to work out some calories!
I went through all the breakfast cereal,
Seeing how much of each, was what,
Keeping the total (with milk) as near 100cals as possible (or under)
Unless of course, the amount of cereal was ludicriously small,
Then I went a little of 100cals.

I didn't eat any of this by the way,
At the start I had a craving for one of the cereals,
By the end I opted for something much yummier.
I'll tell you about that in a second ;)

100ml Uht Semi-skimmed milk = 49 calories

25g of Sainsburies Fruit Crunch = 50 calories (approx 1/2 handful) + milk = 99calories
1 Wheatabix = 83 calories + milk = 131calories
15g of Start Cereal = 56.6calories (approx. 1 handful) + milk = 105.6calories
12.5g Raisin Wheats (6 Raisin Wheats) = 40calories + milk = 89calories
10g Rice Krispies = 38.3calories (approx. 1 handful) + milk = 87.3calories

The Raisin Wheats are pointless, 6 of them for 40calories?? Who would even bother? One Wheatabix seems like a lot of calories - 83 - I would have estimated it lower, BUT it is very filling, The fruit crunch is a pathetic amount (1/2 handful) for 50calories. The Start cereal, was actually a decent amount, and only a little bit over 100calories (105.6). But the same size portion (1 handful) of Rice Krispies, was only 87.3calories, and also weighed less (thanks to their light fluffiness :P)
Overall, Rice Krispies or Start Cereal are the better option.

HOWEVER, after all this weighing out, and having the food there, I decided against it,
I knew it would be a binge trigger, and although I need some calcium (not had it in 8 days), the craving really just...
Evaporated.

So I remembered a comment on a post on PT.
About cinammon apple, and thought i'd try it out.
It.
Is.
Pure.
Heaven.
Like an apple pie, but better!

However, they used ground cinammon, which is simple;
Cut up one Apple,
Sprinkle on cinammon,
Zap it in the microwave for a minute and a half,
Hey presto, Cinammoned apple.

I had Cinammon sticks!
So, here's how I did it, for anyone else confused by the cinammon stick;
Chopped of 1cm of cinammon stick,
Crushed it into small pieces,
Got a shallow plate,
Put approx. 1cm of cold water on it, so it didn't overflow,
But just settled on the plate,
Sprinkled on the cinammon,
Cut one apple,
Into quarters, de-cored it,
And cut it again,
So I had 8 pieces.
(obviously you can cut the apple to your requirements lol)
Placed the pieces on their sides in the water,
(so apple touched the water, not just apple skin)
Placed in microwave,
Heated on full (900watts)
For 1 1/2 minutes,
It came out soft, with a hint of cinammon,
Like stewed apple,
Or apple pie.
But better,
Healthier,
Without the sugar.

And drank between each bite,
Again,
Half the apple was enough for me,
So this DELICIOUS treat.
Was 50 calories.
As nothing in water,
And nothing worth counting in the cinammon.

Seriously,
Someone,
TRY IT.

'Secret' Shared ;)

Stay strong
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment